Dreams During UMM Class

Hi Jessica and Shelia!

Since starting this class 40+ days ago and using a meditation every day, I've been having dreams that are much more "emotional."  These dreams are not pleasant - there is fighting and floods and other "not happy" stuff going on in them.  I always end up OK in these dreams.  

I assume this activity is because of the class meditations?

At this point, I'm not upset about it... I'm mostly curious as to what may be happening?  Does old stuff come to the surface and clear out this way?  

I welcome your input, based on your experiences and observations!  Have your dreams changed as your life has changed?

Thanks,
Heidi

Comments

• Hi Heidi,

I've found that many of the dreams I recall have a great message for me. I'll often write them down as soon as I wake up so I don't forget the details. I'll then review them later in the day. And what I've found is that they are a good mix of what is taking place in my physical world, combined with guidance and information from the "higher" realms. It is my belief that the subconscious mind is the connection between the two. 

If something "negative" comes up, I first ask myself if it relates to some sort of external stimuli that I participated in in my waking state. If so, it could be as simple as taking note of that and becoming more conscious of what I allow to be in my experience, and what I don't.

In your case, it could be "old stuff" surfacing and clearing as you said. The fact that you are more curious at this point (rather, than engaged) indicates to me that your emotional attachment is releasing from these things. And as you do this, yes...your dreams will change. 

I believe dreams are a great guidance system. And yes, with practice I have found that I'm more positively guided within the dream state. Maybe a dream journal would help you work through this. They're actually quite fun and offer lots of valuable information! Another great tip I've found is telling yourself just prior to sleep that you would like to experience fun and pleasant dreams with messages that inspire you. Your subconscious mind will take that cue!

-Jessica 
  • Ok!
    Thanks...again!
    :-)