Difficulty Starting

Hi - I'm new here. A huge life change happened for me recently. Due to some problem neighbours and a development soon coming up across the street I decided to sell. It was spurred on by a friend who said I could rent his place when he moved to the countryside. I was happy and excited about the prospect and sold my house. About two weeks ago, I had a meltdown about it asking myself such questions as Why did I sell my only asset? Or why am I paying more rent than my mortgage was? Or just a whole lotta 'whys'? I am a bit versed in the Law of Attraction (watched the Secret years ago and followed Esther Hicks for a while) but I am having chronic difficulty staying in the present and moving forward with this. I REALLY want to move forward (as I CANNOT take my house back or reverse what has happened) but am really stuck. I start the day out in a panic attack about the house, then listen and read some of this course and feel a bit better but my mind keeps taking me back to this huge regret and isn't allowing me to soak up all the goodness that this course (and manifesting in general) can do! Does anyone have any suggestions about how to move past regret and remorse and look towards the future with some hopefulness that abundance and wealth (peace and happiness) can happen after such a big life changing decision? Thanks

Comments

• Hi Diane,

Welcome to the forum! I'm happy to see you here.

First off, congratulations on pushing past your comfort zone and creating a change for yourself! That said, what you are experiencing is actually pretty common. Although change is something that is quite natural, the subconscious mind prefers that things remain the same. And when they don't, it kind of freaks out. You said you really want to move forward, and you will. You have. You're already doing it! I don't believe you are stuck at all. You made the move. And now you've decided to work on yourself by embarking on this personal development journey.

What I hear you asking for help with is stopping that little nagging voice within you that wants to rehash what it's upset about. If you can look at this part of you as a child and treat it as such, that may help you reframe this. Tell it to quiet down and stop complaining. Even laugh at how ridiculous its being. In an older video I have on my channel, I talk about freezing a negative thought when it comes up, painting a big, sloppy black X over that still image so that it's unrecognizable and then imagining that you grab it like a frisbee and toss it so that it sails out past the stars and the universe and is no longer visible. (This technique works really well, too!) The point is to take conscious control over those types of thoughts. We all have them, it's just that sometimes we forget that we can be in charge of them. 

Keep going through the course material and feeding your mind with the "good" stuff while telling the other stuff to quiet down. Eventually, with enough practice and consistency, the tide will turn.

I hope this helps!

-Jessica
  • Thank you! That feels better and yes, I am a victim to my child a LOT (alcoholic family background etc), even though I'm now 63. It's been a huge struggle to get past these kinds of decisions, big changes. It happens 'every' time. I like the visualizing of the big X through the image. I will try that. Appreciate the thoughtful answer and I will continue to do the work. 
  • You're most welcome!

And I'm going to challenge you to change your story about being a victim. From this point forward, you are empowered to take charge of your life and change it! No more victim! Tell your inner child that it's okay to feel uncertain about decisions and changes, but that it's not allowed to pitch a fit about them. In fact, tell that child to play and have more fun! :) 
  • Okay. I'll give it my best shot! Thanks