Cleaning up emotions from the past

This is for Jessica in particular--

Do you think it would be worthwhile to apply the method of cleaning up past emotions from Recreating Your Emotional Intelligence to something from infancy which I do not know happened but suspect happened?

This is it: I have an abnormal aversion to loud noises, and it is such that it strikes me as unusually pronounced and that it must have its genesis in something of which I am unaware. In recent years, my intution has led me to the idea that I might have been exposed to very loud noises as a baby or infant, probably from my father, who can be very loud oftentimes.

On one level, I do not think that the negative emotional state that I get into sometimes from this is something that is holding me back in a substantial way. Yet, on another level, it is something that I want to eliminate, and do feel it holds me back in a way, because I just do not see this intense negative reaction as something that is compatible with the successful person I will be (am).

So, what do you think about using the Cleaning Up Past Memories and Emotions method for this "event" that I do not know actually happened?

Thanks very much, Jessica, the course is phenomenal!    -Erik

Comments

• Hi Erik,

Thank you for your question.

You can certainly use that method to assist in healing this. Even if you don't notice it on your timeline or know exactly "how" it happened, it sounds as though you already have an intuitive idea of something that created this negative emotional state. And that idea itself can be smoothed about by working with the technique given. 

I'll be interested to hear how it works for you. Please keep me posted!

-Jessica 
  • Jessica, thank you!   -Erik
  • You are most welcome!