WHY MIND DOES NOT ACCEPT CHANGES

Dear Dr Connor
Thank you for your emails which are really supporting and inspiring. You have advised me to go for the meditations you had recommended in your last email. 
As I said in my previous email, I have had a lot of meditations and affirmation in the past 15 years and it is a big question for me why my 15 years of relaxation, imagination and affirmations could not help me? The biggest problem or I can say the only problem I have at the moment regarding mind rewiring and other mind changing is recognising the cause of my mind rejecting changes to take place. How can I prepare my mind to accept changes? 
Perhaps answering to this question can help solve this problem. WHAT CONDITIONS MIND SHOULD BE IN WHEN IS USED TO BE INFLUENCED? DO CHAKRAS PLAY ANY ROLE IN MIND CHANGING?
I have no doubt that if I can remove this condition, I can get whatever I want. I think you have already recognised that I am one of your serious students in taking your instructions serious. So, why I do not see any changes, despite having studied and practiced programs from all gurus in mind changing during the last 15 years? I believe only solving this problem can make me successful. Therefore, I ask you to show me a way to get rid of this problem. 
Thank you and kind regards
Mohammadreza

Comments

• Here's what I would do if I were standing in your shoes. I would stop saying that my mind rejects changes. When you are aware of this negative thought about your mind, or you catch yourself saying these negative things, begin immediately saying or thinking, "my mind is a good mind, I can trust my mind to change, I have a wonderful mind." Start right where you are immediately. This must be done. Everytime we affirm the negative, we reinforce what we do not want. This is a moment by moment practice. What we did last year or even yesterday does not matter right now. Right now is the time, the moment, to reinforce the new messages, the new beliefs. Affirm your mind that it is open and willing to change. Affirm that constantly. Make friends with your mind. Only think and say loving things about the power of your mind. Catch yourself throughout the day, everyday. This is the most important piece. Tell yourself the truth. Your mind is powerful. Your mind is open to change.

I hear your concern. I invite you to treat your mind like you would treat the mind of a beloved grandchild. Talk to it with patience and love. Relax a bit. I know you want success. I also know that you are in the process of achieving that success. I want you to know that also. Your seriousness and desperation are your blocks. Trust me Mohammadreza. Everytime you feel that nervous tension in your body try to catch it. Override those negative thoughts and statements. The work is every moment, every thought. It's okay if you don't catch them, keep trying. Anything that we practice we get good at. I beg you to stop criticizing yourself. Breathe, relax as best you can. If you do this those other tools will be more effective. You are doing a great job. Tell yourself that. Stop being so hard on yourself. Focus on your progress.

I want you to write me a post about the process you are experiencing. Focus on the progress. Practice affirming yourself in the moment. Sometimes I must do this a 100 times a day. I even put sticky notes all around my environment to remind me to pause and check in with myself. Does this make sense to you? You are a good man with incredible power of focus. Smile at your follies, do not criticize yourself. Things are moving in the right direction for you. I appreciate you and know your post are helpful to many. Success is your birth right. You've got this. You are doing an excellent job. Tell yourself that. The work is in the moment, right where you stand.

I want you to continue posting your progress. Together let us reinforce your existing success. Let go of the past. It is over and done. I like you and want to see you grow and change. You are an inspiration to us all. I support you completely. Start right now as you read my post. Breathe and smile. You will feel the relief immediately. The new neural pathways will be strengthen and the old ones will loss there ability to fire. They don't go away, they just become dormant. Practice, practice until the positive, loving pathways are dominate. Be easy with yourself. Seriousness is a block, it is resistance. Resistance is the opposite of the receiving mode which is necessary for our abundance to flow in. I speak from personal experience. Catcher it, breathe, affirm. The rest of our tools will be power and effective. You are much loved my friend.

Shelia
  • Dear Madam Shelia
    Thank you so much for your time and effort you put to advise me what to do on a Sunday which every body spends their times on entertainment. 
    I completely agree with your diagnosis. Sometimes I blame myself for being so serious in treating people. I remember once one of my university friend told me "you can not have a girl friend because you are overserious". My job made me more serious in approaching issues.
    I again thank you for this wonderful advice and I will definitely carry out the affirmations.
    I had asked in my question about the role of chakras in our mind progress. Could you please explain shortly about the chakras?
    Thank you and kind regards
    Mohammadreza
  • edited September 2021
    Hi Mohammadreza,

I agree that Shelia's response is very thoughtful and insightful. Great advice that I'll be happy to hear of your results with!

Regarding your question on chakras, many people believe in the power of the energy centers in our bodies (myself included). When these energy centers are balanced, the mind, body and spirit are more connected and our energy can flow in a much more more positive and fluid way. For instance, we have the ability to tap in the energy of love, joy and abundance and allow those things to flow into our lives. If we listen, pay attention, the subtle energies within our physical being can give us many clues regarding most things in our lives. They communicate with us all of the time. 

In my previous response to you, I spoke about the 'story' we tell ourselves. These stories generally have an emotional and energetic component to them. In my opinion, and from what I have personally studied and experienced, that energy is stored within our chakras. After all, they are energy centers. Even for a person who doesn't have a belief in the chakra system, the energy is still stored within the body as we are energetic beings. That energy then lives within us, directing our thoughts and our experience of life. When we change the story we tell ourselves, we change our emotions, and as a result, our energy and our experiences. So, it must be a conscious decision to make the change in the thoughts and story we tell ourselves first. When we are mindful, we change our internal energetic component, and that is what will be reflected back to us in our external reality. It merely takes conscious practice until we become 'good' at it. 

If I had a suggestion regarding your response to Shelia, it would be to start telling yourself that you are a more playful person - that you find more joy in life. In this way, you will begin to bring that new, lighter energy into your life. :) 

-Jessica
  • I also find this advise very helpful. As lately, after a month or so of being in what I call in good spirit toward my goals suddenly doubt and despair seem to be the more predominant state and I hope that following this advise, helps me to get back on track.
  • You are already back on track. Consider it done ✅