Kinesthetic - Auditory - Visual - ?

Hi!

I'm very curious to know your insights and research on the topic of "FEELING" something and "SEEING" something... is one more effective than the other when it comes to manifesting?

I studied NLP, read the book/research by Dawna Markova (The Open Mind), and studied Anna Wise/Judith Pennington (Meditation Training & brain waves).  My generic "order" of processing information is Kinesthetic (beta), Auditory (alpha), Visual (theta/delta).  However, I've not yet deeply considered these topics in relation to manifesting as you teach in your UMM course.  I know you focus on all of the senses, but I'm curious if you can say more about it?  Is one proven to be more effective than the other, or is it most effective to just use our body's nervous system natural "order?"  

I'm not readily Visual, but my deepest insights come to me in the Visual mode (when my brain waves are much slower).  I've been practicing your 5-fingers exercise every day before I listen to your meditation, and I'm getting better at it!  I suspect that I'd be able to train my brain to be more Visual if that is a strong positive indicator to be able to manifest more effortlessly.  I LOVE experimenting with my brain  :-)

Thanks!!
Heidi

PS - Regarding my "Big Goal"... I've decided to let go of any concern over what that may be, and I'm slowly developing my own list of Subconscious Questions.  :-)  
I've noticed that very interesting things are popping up in my daily experience that give me new food for thought on things I already really enjoy!

ADDED NOTE:  I just pulled up one of your YouTube meditations on using all of the senses - VISUAL was first (red, then blue, then field of flowers, etc.).  It was very difficult for me and all of the colors were mostly black/brown; then I remembered an NLP technique of LOOKING UP for Visual (my eyes were closed the whole time).  I realized that I was looking DOWN at first... my go-to kinesthetic access!  It was much easier to "see" once I looked up!  Now I'm 100x more curious...  8-D

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Hi Heidi,

These are great questions!

I've found that most people tend to favor one of these (VAK) learning styles over the others. To answer your question as to whether one is more effective than the others, I've found in my practice that whatever the individual tends to favor is the style of learning that is best for that individual. With each of these senses, you are tapping into what I like to refer to as the spiritual realm. And in my opinion, those senses can assist us with honing in on our intuitive side and the guidance that is available there. 

Each of these things is like a muscle that can be built through practice. It's only that we aren't often taught this. Your deepest insights come to you visually because you are in a theta/delta state, as you say, when you visualize. My opinion is that this is when you're most connected to that energetic and spiritual realm I just spoke of and that you are receiving flashes of intuition and inspiration from a broader version of yourself. With practice, you can most certainly build your visual muscles if you so choose. (And it looks like you're already working on that!) 

It is great to be able to incorporate all of the senses when possible (but, not always necessary). I believe the senses to be the language of the subconscious mind, and therefore, the language of the creative realm, and I've personally practiced visualization with each of the individual senses to build those specific "muscles."

Have you ever studied any of Neville Goddard's work? He has been extremely impactful in my life and may help shed some light on the "feeling" (energetic/spiritual) aspect of manifestation. I have "felt" my way into most all of my creations. :)

I love that you have decided to flow with the processes, including your big goal. And Kudos for connecting your eye movement to the visualization! Very smart!

-Jessica 
  • Thank you Jessica!

Your observations are encouraging; I will continue to play around with all of my senses during my meditations & exercises.

I've listened to a few pieces of Neville's talks; I will look into him again.  I found a few podcasts that feature his work too.  

Heidi
  • Awesome! He is wonderful. Of all of his material, I enjoy his succinct books the most. :) 
  • I’m the 2nd time through his book FEELING IS THE SECRET. It’s so clear and makes perfect sense. And only 30 minutes long!

The mechanism of Creation is so elegant and perfect... makes me wonder how we made it so unnecessarily complex! :-)

It makes me think of computer programming! The code executes exactly as you program it. Period. If it aborts, you look for the bug and fix it. If you want more functionality, you code it in. No drama, no lamenting, no nonsense. But somebody has to go into the code and tinker with it! The “language” in our case is Feeling, not Fortran nor C+ haha 8-D

Anyway... I’m going to keep playing with all of it! Thanks for the Neville tip!
  • Wow! That was well said! That is a great little book. Thank you for the wonderful summary! You got this now!!!!

Shelia ❤️
  • Thanks!  I was an I.T. person  ;-) 
  • Hello again!

So...I was so smitten with Neville Goddard’s book, that I decided to read another one called THE POWER OF AWARENESS. I am now on my second time through it, and I’m beyond astonished. He is brilliant, and his clarity is razor sharp...I’m beyond inspired! Such genius! I feel like this work is not “work” - it’s more like a curious adventure!

Thank you again for recommending to read his work!!

XO
  • You're welcome! I'm so glad you're enjoying his books. Reading his words early in my personal journey (and still to this day) impacted my life greatly. :)